Areas of operations :
Below are the independent areas that a player can join :
- IR missiles and Guns.
- GUNS only.
- WW2 era aircraft (close to the GUNS area)
- 1vs1, two players max per area.
- 2vs2, Four players max, AI planes if needed.
Slot naming and meaning:
- 1v1 : “Just the two of us”. Only one player per area/team.
- 2v2 : Two players per team. By default, always 4 planes are airborn with the server creating AI planes as needed.
- AIR : Planes spawn mid air armed with 4 IR missiles (usually) and guns in the IR fight area.
- CARR : The plane is spawned in the IR fight area on the red or blue carrier.
- GND : The plane is spawned in the IR fight area on the ground.
- GUNS : The plane is spawned mid air armed only with guns in the GUNS fight area.
- WW2 : World War 2 aircraft.
- ZZ : Various tests and fun items – experiments.
IR Area notes (“AIR”, “GND”,”CARR”) :
Bases in IR area have most weapons available (including medium BVR). Please keep in mind that this is a close dogfight server. Use BVR weapons as little as possible.
There is 1 red AI always flying so even 1 player can have some fun and practice.
You may spawn more opponents if less than 2 players are connected. Use the F10 -> other menu. PLEASE DO NOT ABUSE.
You can attack any ground target you like if you can survive the enemy planes. All units are on an auto re-spawn system.
Note: Nukes, AIM120s, R77s AIM54s are available from carriers due to a game bug. Still they will disappear upon launch.
Also, Other BVR A2A weapons have a high failure rate in our server’s stock. Use at your own risk…
1vs1 areas (“1v1”) Notes :
There are 2 areas with 1vs1 slots.
Slots begin with “1v1”, followed by the area id/coalition, eg 1B for Blue or 1R for Red; “1” being the area ID (1 or 2 for the two available areas).
Only one of the available planes may be occupied at any time (per coalition and area ID). If the area is occupied a message will inform the attempting player with the message “Already taken by \<playername\>”
1v1 planes have 2 IRs missiles, if you want only guns, don’t use them (or just launch them to save weight).
Some tips :
-On main map, most of the fun is along the line between Batumi (blue base) and Senaki (red base).
-Turn your labels on. They are only small dots, and only active when the other plane is about 6 nm away. Ground assets are shown much further away and are good for visual orientation. They can be distracting though and you can switch them off separately. Also, labels help to only shoot enemies and not friendlies (they are red or blue).
-You can also spawn two red AI planes in the GUNS only area.
Running a close air combat mission requires that certain long range weapons are either prohibited or limited.
The way this is implemented in our server is by the “failure probability” feature. The idea is that each weapon has a failure rate. Some weapons fail 100% of the times used, thus making them unusable. As a rule of thump, all long range missiles are not usable. The medium range missiles have a failure rate of 75%. IR missiles never fail. The AIM9X is one exception with a failure rate of 15%. This is to give a fair chance to the less agile older missiles and bring some dogfighting action to the field.
The table below summarizes the weapons failure rates :
- Sometimes fail
- AIM-7 All variants ( 85 % )
- R-27 All variants ( 85 % )
- AIM-9X ( 15 % )
- Always fail
- AIM-54 All variants
- AIM-120 All variants