Notifications
Clear all

AFK people in 1v1 slot  

RSS

NEO
 NEO
(@neo)
01/07/2020 4:03 pm  

Yo, i've come to see quite often that there are AFK people in, sometimes both, (unreg.) 1v1 areas, making 1v1 fights with unregistered people impossible. Therefore i would like to ask if it's in the realm of the possible to invent some kind of auto kick system for inactive players in said slots, or other measures to prevent this problem.

This topic was modified 4 months ago by NEO

Flighter
(@flighter)
01/07/2020 5:16 pm  

Hey Neo, Welcome !

You have such a valid point here...

The intention is to create a system that will kick players out of "prime" slots if not used properly.

The 3rd area with it's mandatory registration was one of these steps. Find refuge there for now, until we sort something out. Unfortunately the DCS server platform is far from "developer friendly". A lot of time and trickery is needed plus the goalposts are constantly moved; systems that took quite a bit of effort and time to be developed are rendered non operational with a simple update.

It seems that there is some positive moves from ED regarding the server / on-line community. Let's hope we will manage to create what you are asking soon enough.

Enjoy your time in our server !

Cheers.

ReplyQuote
Flighter
(@flighter)
02/07/2020 5:05 pm  
Posted by: @neo

Yo, i've come to see quite often that there are AFK people in, sometimes both, (unreg.) 1v1 areas, making 1v1 fights with unregistered people impossible. Therefore i would like to ask if it's in the realm of the possible to invent some kind of auto kick system for inactive players in said slots, or other measures to prevent this problem.

Neo, just to let you know that a timeout system is in test on the b2 server.

As it is now, 10 minutes without kills or deaths will move the player to the spectators. As long as someone keeps fighting it should be OK.

I may have to trim times and events.

Test if you can and let me know.

Cheers

ReplyQuote
maxsin72
(@maxsin72)
06/07/2020 12:11 am  

@flighter In the last 2 days i was kicked out 2 times while playing. I think could happen during long match without a winner.

ReplyQuote
Flighter
(@flighter)
06/07/2020 2:49 pm  

@maxsin72

Thanks maxsin for letting me know.

The logic is described just above your post. I may have the timeout a bit too short. I will increase it to 15 minutes.

Which server was it on so I can check the logs/track ?

Cheers !

ReplyQuote
maxsin72
(@maxsin72)
06/07/2020 3:11 pm  

@flighter Thx for your kind reply, the server was open beta, bye! 

ReplyQuote
Centermass
(@centermass)
12/07/2020 4:59 pm  

I was just moved to spectators while in a DF, I was sitting in 1v1 area 1 a while waiting for someone before the fight started. 

Sounds like the logic needs some tweaking for the AFK rule. Do like having the rule.

Thanks for the work.

ReplyQuote
Flighter
(@flighter)
12/07/2020 6:53 pm  

@centermass

Hi there !

The logic is this :

Each player has 15 minutes to :

- Score a kill

- Get killed

- Change slots

Then the 15 minutes are renewed.

Is seems that you spent a big chunk of your 15 minutes before the fight started. Ideally the 15 minutes should get reset the moment you became airborne.  Unfortunately this is extra code which at the moment is not there. Time permitting I will write it, but for now the workaround is to momentarily change slots just before the fight.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

ESCTaxi liked
ReplyQuote
NEO
 NEO
(@neo)
09/09/2020 1:46 pm  

@flighter k so the new autokick system improved my 1v1 experience drastically, thanks.

ReplyQuote
Share: